Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Welcome to Another Edition of Melodies Unveiled. With Louisx


 In this exciting edition of Melodies Unveiled, we sit down with rising hip-hop artist Louisx as he prepares to make his mark with the release of his upcoming single, "B'STYLE," and an album set to drop later this year. From his personal journey and musical influences to the challenges he's faced and the goals driving his career, Louisx opens up about the passion behind his craft and the vision he has for the future. Join us as we get to know the artist behind the music and uncover the story shaping his next chapter.


For readers who are discovering you for the first time, who is Louisx beyond the music?


Firstly, I go by the name Emihle Lucwangco Njokwana (20). I was born in East London in Gonubie, but when I was about to start primary, I moved to Stutterheim; that's where I saw myself as an artist. I was raised by my late granny in Stutt. I only saw my mother annually at that time. Then, when I was about to start high school, I decided to move back to East London to stay with my father's family. I was schooling at Gonubie High School there. East London really pushed my dream; that's where my dream was enhanced.


What inspired you to pursue hip-hop, and can you remember the moment you realized this was the path you wanted to follow?


It all started when I was still in primary school, doing grade 4. In 2015, I fell in love with instrumentals & that time, the Spaza genre was popular, so I liked the flows & bars. I decided to unleash the inner star that's inside me. Then I fell in love with Travis Scott & Gunna's style.


You're releasing your new single "B'STYLE" this month. What's the story behind the song, and what message do you hope listeners take from it?


"B'STYLE" is actually a freestyle; it's all about flex, & it's message is expressing the vibe of my upcoming album, although the story in each song is different. This single is an intro; the message to the listeners is to be happy when there's a chance; express your feeling of excitement in all kinda way; it's good for your health; feel the energy of rage.


Your album is also on the way. What can fans expect from this project, and how does it reflect your growth as an artist?

There's nothing changed about my style; it's just that this time around I'm revealing the real me. This album reflects my elevation to success. Every day I'm seeing changes; the dream is getting bigger & bigger.


Every artist faces challenges on the journey. What's been the biggest obstacle you've had to overcome, and what did it teach you?


Depression, losing my granny & my mother at the start of the year was very painful to me. I took a break from relationships & music to focus on my grieving. To this day, the wound still hurts; I just sought a comeback in the music industry to ease the pain. What I learned from my life lesson is that even the people that are close to you can shed away from you, & for you to see to visualise the vision clearly, it's not that they abandon you; their time has come to an end.

How would you describe your sound and style, and what sets Louisx apart from other upcoming hip-hop artists?



Since I'm a versatile artist, I love hip-hop/rap & pop music. Anyway, my stage name is Louisx & I feel like I'm a hard worker when it comes to music coz I can create beats by myself; production is still me, even the recording part including mixing & mastering, so amongst other artists I feel like I'm working hard.


Who are some of the artists, producers, or people who have inspired your music and your mindset?

Travis Scott.

Outside of music, what are you passionate about, and how do those interests influence your creativity?


I'm still a student studying IT & computer science; it's all by the love of technology that's takin' over, plus it makes my music work easier coz I know technology & plugins.


Looking ahead, what are your biggest career goals over the next five years, and what legacy do you hope to leave in the South African hip-hop scene?



I see myself big as hell, yhoo there's a lot of creativity right now so I see myself progressing & achieving awards, as the great Riky Rick once said " listen to the kids "I feel like in the future many artists will be youngins

Finally, what message would you like to share with your supporters and with anyone about to hear "B'STYLE" for the first time?

Flex about anything that makes you proud, no matter how much it takes. If it makes you feel satisfied, then express your emotions to it; feel the happiness SLIMEYYYY.


As we wrap up this edition of Melodies Unveiled, we'd like to thank Louisx for sharing his story, aspirations, and insights with the East Side Insider community. With the release of "B'STYLE" and his upcoming album on the horizon, it's clear that he is an artist determined to leave his mark on the hip-hop scene. We wish him nothing but success on his journey and look forward to seeing what the future holds. Be sure to stream his music, support his work, and stay tuned for more exclusive interviews right here on East Side Insider.



Post a Comment

0 Comments